The iPhone may be relinquishing its crown to the Android in 2011, according to a new study by Market Force Information. The customer intelligence firm found that consumers are more likely to purchase an Android over an iPhone – 34% vs. 21%. The Blackberry was a distant third with 12%. Meanwhile, 25% said they were undecided, revealing a sizeable group whose selections could be swayed.
The study of 5,600 consumers also revealed:
- Nearly 51% already own a smartphone and 33% plan to purchase one in the next six months
- Only 9% said they were inclined to switch wireless providers – and nearly all of those would switch to Verizon or AT&T
- The most sought-after apps, in order, are: Internet, email, navigation, games
- Wireless retail store sales associates influence smartphone purchase decisions as much as family, friends and colleagues
- Most (87%) will buy their smartphones from a retail store, and only 13% will buy theirs online
So what going to be your cup of tea , Android or iOs ? Do let us know in comments .