- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 12.5MB (apps2SD enabled)
- Category: Games
- Price: Free
The Angry Birds are back with a vengeance in this latest rendition. Instead of destroying the hordes of enemy swine (as in the original), your goal is now to free all of the caged birds who are being held against their will. The objective now feels a lot more heroic and less vigilante.
You’ll definitely notice that the graphics have been touched-up and the overall playability has improved. A pleasant surprise has been the addition of awards and secret items that make the game more unpredictable and exciting. An example is the “golden fruit,” which are unseen and unknown prizes that you must discover in different levels. Receive a trophy by beating all 30 stages in each environment and then earn a three-star bonus by mastering each stage with 3 stars.
As of now, only two environments are available for play, with the other four arriving between May and November of this year. It’s obvious that this ties into the new 20th Century Fox movie, but the current state of the game and backstory is entertaining nonetheless.
- Improved/polished graphics and gameplay
- New challenges/items added to levels like chains, lamps, cages etc.
- Whimsical music and sound effects
- Still as fun and addictive as the original!
Areas for improvement:
- Available only through the Amazon AppStore, which must stay installed
- Four out of the six environments are yet to be released
Conclusion: An attractive, exciting new rendition to the incredibly popular saga of Angry Birds games.