- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 26.43MB (no apps2SD)
Guerrilla Bob is a fast-paced shooter reminiscent of classic, scrolling arcade games. You’ll have to fight off hordes of enemies that will come at you with a variety of dangerous weapons. Some foes will lob bombs at you while others will rush you with their flame-thrower. Destroying enemies earns you cash which can be used to upgrade your own arsenal. A few of your choices include shotguns, double uzis, a rocket launcher, and molotov cocktails.
Single-player mode offers an entertaining storyline in addition to the non-stop action. Fight for fame in Arcade Mode or fortune in Mercenary Mode. In either case, make sure to explore your surroundings to discover hidden areas, secret power-ups, and bonus items.
You can also collaborate with friends in multiplayer mode, but only over WiFi. Since this Android game was first (and still is) an extremely popular iOS, you’ll be pleased to know you can play side-by-side with your iPhone buddies (we all have them!).
Overall, the controls are very similar to Guns Bros, where you control movement with a virtual direction pad on the left of the screen. Shoot continuously by holding down on the right of the screen with your other hand. Guerrilla Bob will auto-target nearby enemies that are nearest to you and pose the greatest threat. This is a welcomed feature as targeting can be a frustrating experience, especially on small smartphone screens.
Bob can collect money from the enemies and use it in the shop to unlock a huge variety of weapons, each with their own upgrades:
- Timed Bombs
- Molotov Cocktail
- Double Uzis
- Rocket Launcher
- Grenade Launcher
- Sticky Bow
- Smoking graphics, super smooth game play, fun & challenging and super addictive shoot ‘em game
- Multiple local player within the same game
- Cross platform; Android, iOS, PC and Mac compatible
- Brings high end console gaming to smartphones
- Automatically installs to SD card (for Android 2.2+ devices)
- OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements
Areas for improvement:
- Option to toggle auto-targeting for users who would like an added, manual challenge
- Co-op mode with other Android/iOS users (not just over WiFi)
- Needs apps2SD support!
This game is by far one of the richest graphic sets I’ve seen on Android or mobile gaming thus far. Guerrilla Bob features rich and super smooth gaming graphics. It’s on par with game a console experience.
Conclusion: A fast-paced, gun-toting, destruction-driven Android game.