LinkedIn for Android has finally arrived after months of development/beta testing.
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 1.16MB (no apps2SD)
If you’re not familiar with LinkedIn, it is a social networking site for professionals, focused on career development and job opportunities.
The LinkedIn Android app let’s you login to and manage your account. The “Updates” section displays the latest stream of network updates including new connections, recommendations, and recent position changes. Also, you can easily view and message people you’re connected with in the “Connections” section.
If you’d like to expand your professional network, check out the “Reconnect” section where you’ll find the list of people who you might know (compiled based on your company, position, and established connections). For individuals you know and/or have worked with in the past, use the invite button to add them. If not, remove them from the list with the x-button. You can also use the search feature to find a specific person.
Overall, this app is a great start to what has been a long-time coming. The user-interface is extremely well organized and makes account management a breeze.
- Stay on top of your professional network and personal connections
- Includes essential features like reading/replying to messages & invitations, searching and viewing profiles, updating your status, etc.
- Streamlined layout and interface enhances usability
Areas for improvement:
- Contact syncing directly to address book
- Ability to update/edit profile information including your profile picture
- Options for enabling notifications
Conclusion: Hands down the best way to build and strengthen your professional career, and almost entirely with just this Android app.