- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.16MB (no apps2SD)
The mission throughout this Android game is to destroy the alien invaders before they destroy you! The 30 individual levels are complemented by retro 80?s graphics, vintage sound effects, and an entertaining “electro soundtrack.”
Controls require just one finger to move left/right and forward/back and your spaceship is positioned right above your finger for clear viewing and better maneuverability. Additionally, the spaceship will automatically fire whenever your finger is on the screen, so you don’t have to worry about steering and shooting simultaneously. Note that each shot is fired only after the previous one hits a target or exits the top of the screen, so the closer you are when you engage enemy spacecraft the more rapid your shots will become. However, this does require more skill in avoiding enemy movements and weapons.
The graphics are very reminiscent of 80?s arcade-style shooters, with bright, retro colors and pixelated figures. Overall, the look and feel of this Android game really adds to its playability and might even make you feel a little nostalgic.
- 30 levels of retro, space invader-like gameplay
- Vintage sound effects and music adds to the gaming experience
- Smooth controls allow precision maneuvering (and avoids frustration)
Areas for improvement:
- Ability to pause the game (without putting phone to sleep)
- Option to save progress through each of the three stages
- Additionally levels!
Conclusion: Become a space vigilante and protect the solar system from invading aliens in this retro-inspired, addicting Android game.
YouTube preview :