In this review we are taking a look at Easy Scanner which is one of top 10 suggestion for “Scanner App” in the Play Store and our impressions about the app were not disappointing, to be precise a very good alternative in scanning apps for android.
So let’s get straight to the good, the bad the ugly comparing it with its true competitors like Office Lens, Cam Scanner and so on.
- Intelligent Border detection and ability to customize borders which make your document look more professional than just a poorly scanned document
- Ability to add multiple pages per document and then transform into a PDF or save it as multiple images, with options to add more images from gallery to document.
- Share your PDF’s or individual pages of document from the app.
- The app has a good variety of image enhancement options and quite customized ways to add filters to your documents . So you can adjust the intensity of each effect until you find the right balance of colours and crisp text in your documents. Along with other basic editing functions like flip, rotate etc.
- The quality of scans is not always consistent despite ample lighting, this probably could be a cause of the apps inbuilt camera enhancements and auto-focus which can be reduced with choosing the right distance from document and using image enhancements.
- Ads popping on your screen each time you visit the home screen of the app but no such ads were noticed while performing the scan task.
- Free to use
Overall the app works like a charm and highly recommended but if you need to consider more options in customized scanning then check out other alternatives in #scanning app section of our site.