Today we are going to take a look at StandOff 2 a sequel to the original StandOff Multiplayer that was a fresh concept in android cooperative gaming. Since co-op games are no more new to the gaming community we want to take an in-depth look as to why Standoff 2 stands apart from the competition in the FPS genre.
StandOff 2, the game aggregates players from all over the world preferably the players from your continent since the multiplayer game has to match the smooth gaming experience it intends to provide with quick responses from both your allies and enemies. Well once you are across the queue you choose the team you want to support, the terrorists or the counter-terrorists, both teams may or may not have equal opponents and the game tries to balance it, even if not it is solely about your kills and deaths.
You are going to have a really fun time the first day you start playing this game, whether you prefer sneaking in using a knife or are good at the role of sniper or even better keep firing your enemies down while dodging them and to be honest we had a ROFL moment seeing the militants jump unnaturally to avoid gun shots. Since after each death the player is rebooted to a random spot near their base there is a good chance your allies can scare you suddenly appearing behind you
Well currently the game is in beta and a lot of new options are disabled, like the selection of weapons and their variety. Social option are also restricted right now and will be out soon as the game comes out of the beta stage but this doesn’t affect the flawless gameplay experience. Based on the few hours we spent playing it we found a good variety of battle fields rather to say the zones in the game, currently the game has 3 zones including an abandoned military base, a hospital or mall and a vacated town which are presented in highly detailed graphics and effects.
Weapons have different attack speed and power and are a deciding factor as to how many hits require a kill. A powerful AWM rifle can kill an enemy in one shot but requires reload after each shot which does wonders if you choose to play the sniper of the team and are able to reach a higher altitude with sneaking spot while a M16 or a M4 will be faster and require less reloads which usually are required in a Zombie apocalypse kind of scenario. There is a melee weapon (knife) and a pistol as well but we haven’t been able to select the pistol so far which is a good reason for us to believe the weapon is currently locked out by developer until a future update because we found no option to unlock it since the weapons area in game is under construction, so let’s have some patience until the next update.
Getting used to controls is the key to a successful game play, since controls aren’t tough to get a hang of but the inability to switch positions of the buttons/controls for players coming from other similar games will take them a few days to improve their killing accuracy.
All in all StandOff 2 is a fast faced FPS that gives you the opportunity to fight real players and not dead zombies commanded by a computer so it’s time for you to test your skills and reach the top position in each game.
- The Co-op gamplay experience is flawless and to be precise amazing.
- Detailed and eye catching graphic content
- Variety of locations to combat and customized weapon selection
- Fast paced blitz action within within a period of 5-8 minutes
- Lot of active players keep the wait time of queue real low
- No way to communicate with team mates within the match
- Controls can take some time to get a hang of since the game requires 3 finger input for faster game play and shooting while you aim and move.
- The ping is very slow due to less number of servers currently. which might show players suddenly porting to new locations or getting killed after 2-3 seconds after hiding to a new location despite enough cover.
- No actual co-op support within game ( get killed and still reboot beside the same enemy to get killed again despite you ally targeting other enemies near you because he wont get any clue if you are killed beside him/her), that’s bad for the players because they feel dejected.