Installing apps from Android Market :
Before going further make sure you have added a google account to your device and use the same account for installing apps.
Case I : You know the name of the app
- Visit https://market.android.com/
- Use the search bar to type name of your app
- Spot your app by looking at the logo, exact name and developer.
- Click install in the android market.
- The app will be installed within 1-5 minutes once your device connects to internet.
Case II : You have the application link
Follow Steps 4-5 from Case I.
Case III : With a QR Code (using your android phone)QR code is a 2-D barcode that can be easily scanned by any android phone’s camera and retrive information like text, links, phone numbers etc from it. Based on the type of information in the barcode, it might redirect users to a website, make a phone call, deliver a vCard or more.
Requirements to use a QR code.
To utilize a QR code, you need two simple things:
1)An Android phone with a camera
2)An application on your phone that can scan the code and interact with the code on your behalf.
- Make sure you have a barcode scanner app installed on your device, if not follow this link to install any of the popular barcode scanning app (follow STEPS 3-5 from Case I)
- Open the app from app drawer.
- Hold you phone at an optimum distance from the barcode(tap scan, if required)
- The associated link will be extracted, to visit it just tap “open browser” or “visit link”(based on the options you see).
- The link will redirect to the Market application> app download page on your phone.
- Tap download to install the app.
Case IV: From a “.apk” file
- Copy the .apk file to your phone or SD card
- Enable installation from unknown sources by vsiting settings>applications>Unknown source(Turn ON)
- Navigate to the file from your phone using a file explorer if it does not have one.
- Tap on the file (say DrWebantivir_12v3.apk) to install.
- Tap “install” while following the instruction.
- Tap “done” or “open” to finish.