We reviewed the Office Lens from Microsoft and outcome was both sweet and salty. Lets tell you why.
- Hassle free scanning app, the best in the category in terms of ‘easy of use’. Scanning is pretty straight forward process you no longer need to mark boundaries but it has its con’s too. You might end up with pages inconsistent in size (as boundaries are set by the app).
- Seamless connect to Microsoft account and automated cloud upload or on demand which will be an asset in work environment where you click and share documents on the go.
- Hassle free, but chooses its own boundaries and neglects some part of document with images or text. . You might end up with pages inconsistent in size (as boundaries are set by the app).
- To get your full document you will need to capture from a longer distance including borders of page or it might not capture some parts like page numbers or headers.
- Capturing from far can lead to blurred docs as manual focus doesn’t work as expected or the image enhancement is not up to the mark which is for sure at least on glossy catalogues that we tested.
- The app does not include manual image enhancements like other competitors do. Though it has preset options like Document, Whiteboard, Business card and picture which offer enhancements according to type of image scanned but not to forget we cannot neglect low light or other lighting conditions like angle of light and lot more to worry about if you do not have a well lit location during scans.
Overall the app works like a charm and highly recommended but if you need customized scanning of a professional grade check out other alternatives in #scanning app section of our site.